Allergy to pollens (grass, weeds, trees), molds (mold and smuts) and inhalants (cat, dog, livestock, birds, crops etc) are common environmental allergies. Skin testing by a qualified allergist is paramount in not only diagnosing your allergy but developing a personal plan or strategy to assist your body defenses to combat the culprits and allow you to achieve wellness.
Home Tips for Those with Allergies:
Although contact to allergens cannot be fully prevented, there are a number of things that can be done in your own home to lessen exposure and decrease allergy and asthma attacks.
- Air duct outlets can be lined with cheesecloth
- Don’t sleep with the windows open
- Use HEPA air filters and run with the door closed for 24 hours a day
- Eliminate feather pillows and comforters
- Maintain cleanliness of pet and brush them regularly to limit contact to dander
For Todays Pollen Count please click www.pollencom
Under the expert management of our allergy doctors, you can enjoy life and the great outdoors regardless of the season. At Adult & Pediatric Allergy Associates P.C, we provide comprehensive assessment and diagnose each patient carefully so that we can determine what mode of treatment will directly address the symptoms so please schedule an appointment now.